Rs. 3000 Rs. 599
Hive Tutorial: Process Big Data
Learn HQL, Partitioning, Bucketing, UDAFS, Windowing, Optimization, Map Side Joins, Indexes and learn how to write custom user defined functions in Java and Python in this comprehensive Hive tutorial
Hive is like a new ally with an old face (SQL). This course is a practical guide that covers everything right from the beginning to the end about how to use Hive for Big Data processing.
Let's parse that
A new ally with an old face: Hive assists you in harnessing the power of Distributed computing and Hadoop for Analytical processing. Its interface is similar to that of an old ally: HiveQL is very similar to SQL. This Hive tutorial will plug in all the gaps between SQL and what you need to know in order to use Hive.
Beginning to end: This course is the ultimate guide for using Hive. Whether you are an analyst who wants to process big data, or an engineer who wishes to build customized functionality or optimize performance, you will learn everything you need to accomplish these objectives right here. Are you new to SQL? Look no further. This Hive tutorial has a primer on all the basic SQL constructs.
A practical method of teaching: Every topic covered in this tutorial is taught using real-life examples, working queries and code.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Write complex analytical queries in Hive for big data and unearth valuable insights
- Harness ideas of partitioning and bucketing to optimize queries in Hive
- Personalize Hive with user-defined functions in Java and Python
- Figure out how Hive works with MapReduce and HDFS
Prerequisites and Target Audience
Prerequisites for the course
- To subscribe to this course, knowledge of SQL is necessary. If you don't know SQL, the last 3 sections of the course (SQL primer) will teach you just that.
- Knowledge of basics in Java is required to learn custom user defined functions taught in the course