Rs. 799 Rs. 699
From 0 to 1: Bond Investments
Learn the fundamentals of what bonds are, the risks related to bonds, NPV of a bond and more. Master the art of choosing the right bonds for your needs.
Bonds are a safe and secure investment instrument that ensure a steady flow of income. Bonds are instruments issued to investors by borrowers, which can be banks, governments, or companies. They specify the details of the bond like the amount borrowed, the risks attached, and the interest rate. The bond market comprises the lions-share of the global financial system. In fact, it's almost twice as large as the stock market. The bond market may be very confusing, but understanding the basic terminology will make you comfortable while investing in bonds.
What will you gain from this course?
- An understanding about the specs of bonds and the relationship between various attributes
- The ability to compute yield, duration, price along with fixed and floating interest rates
- Knowledge of how to compare two bonds on the basis of ratings and features and the ability to decide which is better
Prerequisites and Target Audience
This course does not require you to have any prior knowledge of Finance or Accounting.
This course is designed by a Stanford-educated ex-Googler and an IIT, IIM - educated ex-Flipkart lead analyst specifically for:
- Finance professionals who want to brush up on Bond Valuation
- Accountants who want to strengthen their applied Corporate Finance skills
- Candidates who are preparing for the CFA exam
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who are interested in understanding how companies are valued
- MBA and other Finance students who want to understand bond theory and valuation