Successful Facilitation of Adult Learning Groups
Prepare to achieve your course goals and the goals of your adult learners, be it at your workplace or in your community. Understand adult learning theory, principles and needs of adult learners.
Instructing groups of diverse adult learners is a unique field, different in significant ways from teaching in an institutional academic setting. The adult learner brings to the learning situation many strengths, as well as needs, that the instructor must understand and take into account. Skilful facilitation is a foundation of effective adult continuing education. This course provides the instructor with a rationale and a framework for creating a positive, supportive learning environment for adult learners.
By subscribing to this course, you will:
- Be able to identify factors that contribute to learner diversity.
- Understand the special characteristics and needs of adult learners.
- Learn what constitutes effective collaborative learning in adult education.
This course is designed for:
- A person who has responsibilities for instruction or training in his or her workplace.
- Someone who wants to move to face-to-face instruction with adult learners.
- Facilitator in a community of continuing education group.
No formal training is necessary for you to benefit from this course, but you need a strong desire to learn and a willingness to practice what you learn.